18 September 2012

PJBJR ID Custom Dining Table. For Sixteen!











































It is not everyday that a request comes through for a dining table that will seat up to sixteen people comfortably. There are not many dining tables out on the market that are to my liking. Because of that I decided to design and have custom produced the dining table shown above. It is my first piece of PJBJR custom-designed furniture and one that I am very proud of.

The table is constructed from solid mahogany with a flamed mahogany table top. The table top has a stunning natural pattern. It provides texture and fluidity to the table and contrasts nicely with the straight lines. Around the table base and stretchers I wanted to add an inlay of nickel-plated metal to provide a strong accent to the table's shape, size and silhouette. 

Shown above are snapshots of the table while in production as well as the finished product.