26 July 2012

Go Bold. Go Teal!









I have always liked using wallpaper on accent or focal walls and in powder rooms. I have never been one to take wall paper to an extreme. The only times I would paper all walls of a room was when the wall covering was a solid-colored silk shantung paper or something organic and natural, like a grasscloth. Recently, I wrote a blog entry on the color Tangerine for Summer. A great color that works very well with tangerine is teal. When I saw this Teal and Gold Damask design Wallpaper from Graham and Brown I thought it would work well for the right Transitional interior design. It would look lovely as a focal wall in a neutral colored room. It would also make a bold statement in a powder room. As the photos posted here suggest, the paper would look great as it ascends up the stairs or as a backdrop for some colorful furnishings. This paper just "grabbed" me and the color is just smashing.