29 March 2012

The First Impression.




The episode of HGTV's "Showhouse Showdown" that I recently appeared in, did not show this beautiful light fixture that I chose for the entry to my competition home. I could not have a pendant light that would hang from the ceiling. I needed something interesting that would flush mount directly to the finished ceiling. The fixture had to sparkle, shine, be unique, interesting, dramatic, contemporary and maybe even a bit retro. Here is what I came up with. Manufactured by Robert Abbey, this chrome light fixture can be mounted on either a ceiling or a wall. It is available in a 13" width or a 23.5" width. The stunning fixture is inspired by 1970s Italian design and features chrome rods with round ends that descend from the ceiling canopy. Not only is this light fixture unique and beautiful, it is just gorgeous when lit. Shown below is the "Anemone" light fixture lit in the evening. It provides the excitement that any well designed home should provide as soon as you enter. As it is said, "you don't get a second chance to make a first impression."