08 October 2008

Space Age Living. Pierre Cardin.




Special thanks to Jonathan for introducing me to fashion designer, Pierre Cardin's home. Located in the South of France, Cardin's home was recently the venue for his Spring-Summer 2009 collection fashion show.

I'm afraid the clothing from the collection, (pictured above), as well as Pierre Cardin's home, (pictured below), fall in my "Not so Excellent" category. While I can appreciate Cardin's futuristic creative expression, it is simply not a home or clothing collection that gets high marks from me. The home, which reminds me of octopus tentacles, is definitely blog worthy due to its outrageous design.

It is only fitting that Italian-born, French designer, Pierre Cardin, age 86, who is best known for his avant-garde style and space age designs would live in a home that looks like this.