06 August 2008

Carnation Milk and The Goose.





I know Jonathan will agree with me when I say that I think milk is kind of gross. He has gone so far as to call it "cow excretion". Because this is a design blog, more or less, I will try to be somewhat tasteful and simply say, milk is not for me.

What I do find Most Excellent and a lot of fun is the advertisement pictured above. Megan's Mom sent it our way. It is just priceless. Here is the story that goes along with it:

A little old lady from Wisconsin had worked in and around her family dairy farms since she was old enough to walk, with hours of hard work and little compensation.

When canned Carnation Milk became available in grocery stores in approximately the 1940s, she read an advertisement offering $5,000. for the best slogan. The producers wanted a rhyme beginning with "Carnation Milk is best of all."

She thought to herself, I know all about milk and dairy farms. I can do this!
She sent in her entry, and several weeks later, a black limo pulled up in front of her house. A man got out and said, "Carnation LOVED your entry so much, we are here to award you $2,000. even though we will not be able to use it!"

Oh... and while on the subject of drinks, just allow me to send this special message out to W. - Grey Goose IS actually the finest of all the rest. It goes down smooth and really tastes best. The secret is in the water. That's what makes a perfect vodka. Just ask Chelsea Handler - she will tell you so.