29 April 2008

I, Robot.



While jogging around Georgetown this past week I ran into the coolest Robot Sculptures. I think they are Most Excellent and am already trying to find a select place in my home for one or two of them. The work of "Robot Sculptors", Terry Collier, Gordon Bennett and Mike Rivamonte is detailed below. The lineup of robots shown at the top of this blog entry was created by Gordon Bennett of Bennett Robot Works.




"Thrasher" and "Taylor". My find in Georgetown, (above and below)







THE WORK OF TERRY COLLIER


Vancouver resident Terry Collier has taken his fascination with the toy robots of the 50's and 60's and created an amazing array of Robot sculptures. Terry strives to add personalities to each robot and includes as many generations of technology as possible - vacuum tubes to micro chips. Most of the components come from flea markets, thrift stores, and cast-off technology he finds around town. "As I pulled apart countless old clocks, radios and TV’s looking for interesting parts, I started to notice how similar the fractal like complexity and patterns I see in nature, so closely resemble many of the patterns I see in circuit boards and other electronics..."















THE WORK OF GORDON BENNETT








"BREEZE"

"BOEING"

"VW"

Pricing on the Robot Sculptures from Bennett Robot Works range from approximately $750.00 to $4,000.00 each




THE WORK OF MIKE RIVAMONTE


Robot Sculptures by Mike Rivamonte range in price from $6,000.00 to $10,000.00. All have the option to light up with LED's throughout.



"Jones"



"Joe 1"







"Eureka"



"Joe 2"