21 April 2008

Dinner Party.

The "Phillipe" table, 76"w x 44"d x 31"h. Distressed birch with Black lacquer finish. Also available as a desk with Nickel drawer pulls. Table $1,995.00. Jayson Home and Garden.



At the present moment I am into these table and chairs. While they may look a bit extreme or exotic, they have a "feel" and a look that appeals to me. I love the combination of ornate with slightly basic. In the case of the Baccarat crystal table by Philippe Stark, I adore the way the "far out" super costly table is paired with the simplistic wire-formed "Ring chairs" for $179.00 each. Not everything I present will work for everyone, in every house, but the bold statement these furniture pairs make are enough to inspire me to arrange a catered dinner for a few of my closest friends. I'm not much of a cook.



PAIR ONE


To be set with the "Phillipe" table. Paul Mathieu chairs for Ralph Pucci










PAIR TWO





Designed by French designer, Philippe Stark is this BACCARAT “DARK SIDE” Dining Table. (above)
Made in France, by Baccarat.

Mirrored glass top.
Aluminum frame encased in fluted clear Baccarat Crystal.
Polished aluminum feet.
3 Standard sizes.
Also available in console size.
Louis XVI style with modern look.





These simple wire "Ring chairs" from Atuto "foil" the ornate Baccarat crystal table beautifully. Lush seat cushions complete the look very nicely. (above and below)