04 January 2008

32 degrees!


BACARA

At present, it is 32 degrees in Washington, D.C. While I understand that it is currently the rainy season in Santa Barbara, California, I simply cannot stop thinking about how fantastic it would be to be swimming in the pool, walking along the beach or having a spa treatment or two at BACARA. A resort that I would consider to be A Most Excellent Thing!

BACARA, http://www.bacararesort.com, is located between the Santa Ynez mountains and the Pacific Ocean in Santa Barbara, CA. This gorgeous destination is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful spots in the United States. Sometimes regarded as the American Riviera, Santa Barbara and Montecito are approximately a two hour drive north of Los Angeles. I like to fly into LAX, spend the night somewhere in the city and then take off for a drive up the Pacific Coast Highway or "PCH", as it is typically referred to. The views of the ocean on route to BACARA are just spectacular. Because of my great love of hotel interior design, I would like to share a few snapshots of the interior of BACARA. I also close with this description of the resort. Taken from their website:







BACARA, main entrance. "Nothing says class like a fountain".